The Evelyn Spring Patio Playhouse Scholarship is established to promote higher education in the field of theatre arts. Applicants must be high school seniors and have participated in high school or community arts programs, plan to attend an institution of higher learning, and have a declared emphasis in performing arts or technical theatre.
You are eligible to apply for the Evelyn Spring Patio Playhouse Scholarship if…
- You’re a senior enrolled in an Escondido high school (includes home schooling that is credentialed through an Escondido school), or you’re not in the Escondido school system but have participated in one or more Patio productions (in which case, indicate the show and include a recommendation from the producer or director)
- You’ve participated in high school or community arts programs
- You plan to attend an institution of higher learning
- You have a declared emphasis in performing arts or technical theatre
NO LESS THAN $200 AND NO MORE THAN $1000
WILL BE AWARDED TO EACH WINNING APPLICANT
How to Apply
The application deadline is May 1. To apply, complete and submit the following:
- The scholarship application form (download from the link)
- An essay on the following topic: “How does community theater have value to individuals working in other fields?”
- Your theater resume
- At least two letters of recommendation from a director, designer, or instructor (may be sent separately)
- A copy of your most recent high school transcripts
Mail the application materials listed above to the address below postmarked no later than May 1. All items must be received on time to be considered.
PO Box 300450
Escondido, CA 92030
Alternatively, put your application materials in Peggy Schneider’s box at the theater, 116 S. Kalmia Street, Escondido, (between Vinz Wine Bar & Continental Deli) no later than May 1.
Counselors and instructors are welcome to duplicate copies of these documents and encourage their students to participate.
For more information, contact email@example.com.